The upcoming placement season for the 2018 batch (B.Tech and M.Tech) commences from 15th July 2017. The entire season is divided into two slots:
Slot 1: July 15 - November 30, 2017
Slot 2: January 20 - April 30, 2018
Recruiters are invited to conduct their entire selection process on mutually convenient dates during this period. Dates beyond these sessions may also be considered for selection process keeping in mind the convenience of recruiters as well as the institute.
To support the placement process, the Placement Office has an effective online system in place. The process for campus placement follows the following plan:
- The Placement Office (the formal point of contact for placements at NIT Sikkim) or the Placement Cell (the body of student representatives appointed by the Placement Office) sends invitations to companies/ organisations along with relevant information.
- Companies/Organisations interested in recruiting can register themselves on the website here.
- After signing up, the Company/Organisation will get the username and password on their email id (provided while signing). The registration process will be completed only after the company logs in and fill the Job Announcement Form (JAF) there.
- If the company/organisation is interested in conducting a Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) they can send a request along with the preferred dates.
- The JAF is made available to the students, along with any other information furnished by the company/ organisation.
- Interested (as per the criteria specified by the organisations) students show their willingness to appear for the recruitment process of a company by signing its JAF.
- Placement Office allots dates for recruitment procedure in consultation with the concerned companies/organisation by considering factors like student preferences, job profile etc.
- Companies/Organisations can view resumes of interested students and shortlist students as per the criteria specified.
- Companies/Organisations visit the campus on the allotted date(s) and conduct tests and/or interviews according to their recruitment process.
- The company/organisation is required to furnish the final list of students on the date of interview.
- The Placement Office also coordinates the signing of offer letters by students who have been selected to ensure that they reach the company/organisation at the earliest.
Placement PolicyThis season, the whole process has been made online to facilitate the students as well as the recruiters.
- All full time final year students (B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D.) of NIT Sikkim (except QIP and Industry Sponsored students) are eligible to participate in the recruitment process for placements through the Training and Placement (T&P) Cell except those Ph.D. students who have not submitted their synopsis. Students carrying specific course backlog(s) may or may not be allowed to appear in the recruitment process as per the eligibility criteria of the concerned company/organization.
- All students eligible for on-campus jobs have to register themselves online on the website of T&P Cell. Only after successful online registration, students can login to their accounts and fill-in the Student Information Form (SIF) and upload their resume. The confidentiality of password will be the sole responsibility of the student.
Eligibility & Registration
- After successful online registration, students are required to fill in the online Student Information Form (SIF) and upload his/her latest resume. Students can upload their updated resume time to time by logging into their accounts.
- It is to be noted that students who do not fill in the online SIF form and do not upload their resume till a specified deadline (which will be communicated by the TnP Cell), shall NOT be considered for on-campus placements through the TnP Cell. No requests by the students shall be entertained in this regard at a later stage.
- It is expected that a student shall NOT add any ambiguous/ wrong/fraudulent/misleading information in the SIF form as well as in his/her resume. Verification of details will continue throughout the placement process. If, on verification, any discrepancies are found, the student would be subject to strict disciplinary action.
Student Information Form and Resume
- After successfully filling up the online SIF form and uploading the resume, students can see the list of companies who have registered and filled in the Job-Announcement Form, along with eligibility criteria of that company.
- Students will get the option to either confirm OR reject their participation in that company till a particular deadline. After this deadline, NO change in the students’ choices will be entertained.
Rules of Withdrawing an ApplicationStudents who register online, fill in the online SIF form and upload their resume, will be able to login and view the list of companies that have filled in the Job-Announcement Form till that date, along with their eligibility criteria. The student may withdraw his/her application online from a company till a specified deadline. After the deadline, NO changes will be entertained.
- Certain bands have been decided by the T&P Cell as per the annual CTC offered by companies. A student will be allowed to take up ONLY ONE on-campus job in a particular band, excluding the dream job offer. The communication regarding the bands will be notified to the students well before the commencement of the placement season.
- Dream Job offer will be decided dynamically.
- Absenteeism policy:
- Using unfairmeans during any round of the recruitment process is a serious offence. Such students would be deregistered immediately and also will be referred to the concerned authorities for disciplinary action.
Student Conduct and Disciplinary Policy
In case a student remains absent from the recruitment process of a company for which he/she has confirmed his/her participation online through his T&P student account, strict disciplinary action will be taken against the student.
- Interviews for Ph.D. students can be conducted on any day suitable to the company as well as the candidates. Unlike the selection procedure for the rest of the students, the placements for PhDs are open throughout the year & the recruiters need not wait till December for initiating the interview process.
Ph.D. StudentsFor Ph.D. students, all policies remain the same as applicable to other students with the following exception:
- Students must carry their I-cards at all times during interviews & screening tests. No one would be allowed to enter the test/interview venue without the I-card.
- The date/time/venue of the interviews will be subject to changes which, at times, may be at a short notice. Students must keep themselves well informed by visiting the T&P website (On Student Account page after logging in).
- Students must carry a complete file with a few copies of the resume, original certificates (if possible) and copies thereof while appearing for the interviews.
© 2017 Training and Placement Cell, NIT Sikkim